IE3 ICC Seminar: Lesson 8
Over the next few weeks, we'll be busy preparing for our presentations and learning two main theories to compare cultures.
Over the next two weeks, we'll be learning two main theories that are used to compare cultures. In this week's lesson, we looked at Hofstede's research that outlines five dimensions to culture:
1. individualism vs. collectivism
2. masculinity vs. femininity
3. power distance
4. uncertainty avoidance
5. long-term vs. short-term orientation
In next week's lesson, we'll review these dimensions, and then move onto Value Orientation.
1. Research your presentation topic
3. Reading pp. 187-212 (ch. 8) and worksheet
Blog Question #7:
Japan is ranked at the world's most "masculine" country.
*Use capitalization, punctuation & spelling correctly.
*Submit by Monday, June 8 by 6:00pm.