Oral English 1: Lesson 1
It was really great to meet all of you today. You're such a lively group!!! I'm really looking forward to our lessons this year.
Syllabus and Schedule:
We had a short introduction activity and you got to meet your classmates. We then went looked at the syllabus and our course schedule. You can find all of this information in the Oral English 1 --> Course Information section.
We had a short activity to help you learn some expressions for asking for and giving your opinion. Make sure to support your opinion with a reason and/or example.
When you want to ask for somebody's opinion, you can use these expressions:
1. What are your feelings on this?
2. What do you think about this?
When you give your opinion, you can use these expressions:
1. In my opinion, I think...
2. As I see it, ...
1. Blog Posting #1
2. Review Opinion Giving Expressions
3. Bring the "Opinion Expressions" worksheet to class.
Blog Question #1:
Choose one of the topics below. Give your opinion on the topic. Use an opinion giving expression, and give a reason and an example to support your opinion.
smoking in public
high school uniforms
2020 Tokyo Olympics
today's Oral English lesson
Aogaku Shibuya campus
* Write 8-10 sentences.
* Use capital letters, punctuation and spelling correctly.
* Submit by Monday, April 13 by 6:00pm.